Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe site, If you're looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Barley Soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Barley Soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Keeping Track of Precisely what You Take in: How to Do It Correctly.
When you start a diet probably the most often heard pieces of advice is to keep a food log in which you write down every thing you eat during the day. Tracking all of the food you take in will help you figure out which foods you will be eating as well as which foods you are not eating enough of. For example, after keeping a food log for a few days, you might see that you are not eating very many vegetables but that you are consuming lots of sugar and bad carbohydrates. Writing all of it down can help you see precisely which parts of your diet plan really need to change as well as how much exercise you are going to need to do to make sure that you keep your caloric intake in check.
You should be very precise whenever you write down the things that you are eating. It is just not adequate to list “salad” in your food record. The right way to do it is usually to write down all of the ingredients in the salad as well as the kind of dressing that is used. You must also record how much of the foods you are eating. “Cereal” is just not as good an entry as “one cup Honey Nut Cheerios.” It is vital to remember that the larger your portions, the more calories you will be eating so you need to know just how much of every thing you actually eat so that you can figure out how many calories you will need to work off.
Record your feelings whenever you eat. This helps to explain to you whether or not you use food as a reaction to emotional issues. It also helps you see clearly which foods you have a tendency to choose when you are in certain moods. Lots of us will reach instinctively for unhealthy foods when we feel disappointed or angry and we are more likely to pick out healthy options when we feel happy or content. Not only will this allow you to notice when you reach for particular foods based on your mood, it will help you find ways to keep healthier (but similar) alternatives on hand for those same moods and help you figure out whether or not someone professional can help you deal with the issues that are sending you towards certain foods in the first place.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to barley soup recipe. To make barley soup you only need 10 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to prepare Barley Soup:
- You need 1 cup Barley soaked overnight and pressure cook for 2 whistles
- Prepare 2 onions chopped
- You need 2 tomatoes chopped
- You need 2 tbsp crushed garlic
- Take 2 carrots sliced
- Use as needed baby corns cut into big
- Take 1 celery stalk
- Use to taste black pepper powder
- Prepare to taste Salt
- Get 1 tbsp rice flour mixed with water to make a slurry
Steps to make Barley Soup:
- In a pan add a tbspn of oil and add the garlic and saute for a while..add the onions next and stir and saute till they turn pink in colour.
- Add the tomatoes and cook covered for 10-15 minutes till the tomatoes get soft and mushy.
- Now add in the veggies and chopped celery stalks, mix well and add salt and pepper. cover and cook for 5 minutes..
- Now add the cooked barley alongwith it’s water add little more water…cover and cook for another 10 minutes.
- Adjust the seasonings and add the rice flour slurry.
- This will thicken the soup, at this point you can adjust the consistency by adding more of slurry or water.
- Serve hot with a dash of lemon juice and your hearty meal is ready to devour.
If you find this Barley Soup recipe helpful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.