Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe page, looking for the perfect Slow Cooker Sausage & Peppers recipe? look no further! We provide you only the perfect Slow Cooker Sausage & Peppers recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Slow Cooker Sausage & Peppers recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Choosing Wholesome Fast Food.
Almost every single article about reducing your weight and getting healthy tells readers to avoid drive through windows like the plague and that they need to carry out all of their own cooking. This is really very true. But sometimes the last thing you would like to do is put together a whole dinner for yourself and your family. Sometimes you just want to go to the drive through on the way home and call it a day. Why shouldn’t you be able to do this from time to time and not have a bunch of guilt about slipping up on your diet program? This is because a lot of the well-known fast food restaurants out there are trying to “healthy up” their choices. Here is how one can find healthy food choices at the drive through.
Aim at the side dishes. It has not been that long ago that all you could get at the fast food diner was French Fries. Now most of the fast food choices have been widened considerably. Now you can get several different salads. Chili is a different choice. You could possibly get baked potatoes. You could possibly get fruit. There are lots of wholesome options that do not include putting something deep fried into your body. When you buy your dinner through a drive through window, select side dishes instead of just grabbing something premade. When you do this you can keep your fat content and also calorie counts low.
Standard logic tells us that one certain way to get healthy and shed pounds is to drop the drive through and to remove fast food restaurants from your thoughts. While this is usually a good suggestion all you need to do is make a couple of good selections and visiting the drive through isn’t anything to worry about–when you do it in moderation. Sometimes the best thing is to let other people make your dinner. If you choose healthy products, the guilt usually associated with hitting the drive through shouldn’t be so bad.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to slow cooker sausage & peppers recipe. To make slow cooker sausage & peppers you need 7 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you do that.
The ingredients needed to cook Slow Cooker Sausage & Peppers:
- Use 2 lbs Italian Sausage. If links, then slice into thirds
- You need 4 Bell Peppers or 5 Italian Peppers, sliced however you like
- You need 3 Medium Onions, sliced however you like
- Prepare 2-3 cloves Garlic(You can use 1 tsp of Garlic Powder instead.)
- Provide to taste Ground black pepper
- Take 1 tsp dried oregano
- Provide 1 tsp dried basil
Steps to make Slow Cooker Sausage & Peppers:
- Brown sausages in a pan or in a broiler. When it is cooled, you can either slice the links into thirds or just use as is. (You also do not have to cook the sausages before hand, but that is up to you.)
- Add the peppers, onions, garlic, black pepper, oregano, and basil into the slow cooker. Mix together.
- Place the sausages on top of the onions and peppers. Spread the sausages evenly on top.
- Turn the slow cooker onto the low setting and set the timer for 6 hours.
If you find this Slow Cooker Sausage & Peppers recipe useful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.