Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe site, If you're looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Mom's 70's Brunswick Chicken Stew recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Mom's 70's Brunswick Chicken Stew recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Here Are Some Simple Explanations Why Consuming Apples Is Good.
More than likely you’ve heard that you ought to be eating an apple a day but did you ever wonder why this is actually important? You might know men and women that live by this and also request that their children live by this rule as well. This specific thought can be identified in country’s all around the world and men and women follow it as gospel with out ever discovering why they should eat an apple a day. In the following paragraphs we are going to be examining apples to see if they really are a food that can help to keep you healthy.
In accordance with another study, apples may also have good results on your brain. They found that one of the ingredients in apples called quercetin, has actually been proven to help you to protect brain cells. And due to this you will recognize that apples may actually help people avoid the symptoms of Alzheimer’s.
And now you understand why individuals tell you that you should eat an apple every day. The huge benefits we covered are just a couple of of the benefits that eating apples can provide. All the benefits would take us to much time to include in this write-up, however the information is out there. I hope that the the very next time you go to the supermarket you end up getting plenty of apples. It can definitely help your overall health for short term and for the long haul.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to mom's 70's brunswick chicken stew recipe. You can cook mom's 70's brunswick chicken stew using 17 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you do that.
The ingredients needed to make Mom's 70's Brunswick Chicken Stew:
- Get Ingredients
- Use 3 lb broiler-fryer chicken
- Provide 1 tbsp salt
- Provide 2 quart water
- Provide 1/4 lb ham, cubed
- Take 2 onions, chopped
- Use 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- You need 2 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
- Take 1 can (16-ounce) tomatoes, drained and chopped
- Use 1 can (16-ounce) corn, drained
- Get 1 packages (10-ounce) frozen baby lima beans
- Use 1 packages (10-ounce) frozen okra
- Get 1 1/2 tsp sea salt
- Prepare 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- You need 1/2 tsp thyme
- Get 1 bay leaf
- Take 2 tsp hot sauce
Instructions to make Mom's 70's Brunswick Chicken Stew:
- Combine the chicken, tablespoon of salt, and water in a Dutch oven or soup pot and bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat and simmer the chicken covered for 1 hour.
- Remove the chicken and allow to cool. Save the chicken broth and skim off any excess fat.
- Remove the skin and debone the chicken. Cube the chicken.
- Add the chicken back into the pot with the broth. Stir in the rest of the ingredients.
- Simmer for 2 hours covered.
- Remove the b-day leaf and serve hot with crusty bread.
- TIP: The okra is what thickens this stew. If you are like me and don't care for a lot of okra, you can stir in a tablespooon of cornstarch mixed with water. Raise the heat to let the slurry thicken and the serve.
If you find this Mom's 70's Brunswick Chicken Stew recipe useful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.