Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe page, if you're looking for Key lime cake recipe, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Key lime cake recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Key lime cake recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Finding Nutritious Fast Food.
Just about every single article you read about restoring your health or losing weight is going to tell you to ignore the drive through and cook all of your meals instead. This is actually very true. But at times the last thing you want to do is put together a whole supper for yourself and your family. Once in a while you only want to pay a visit to the drive through when you are on your way home and end the day. There isn’t any reason that you shouldn’t be authorized to do this and not be plagued by guilt about slipping on your diet. This is possible because lots of the popular fast food places making the effort to make their menus better now. Here is the way to find appropriate food choices at the drive through.
Your drink should be water or juice or milk. Drinking a large soda allows hundreds of empty unhealthy calories into your diet. Usually just one helping of soda should be eight ounces big. Those eight ounces tend to be at least 100 calories and around ten tablespoons of sugar. Most fast food soft drink sizes start out at twenty ounces. It is usually no less than 30 ounces. This shows that your drink on it’s own will put a multitude of ounces of sugar into your body as well as several thousand empty calories. It is much healthier to decide on milk, juice or regular water.
Common logic tells us that one sure way to get healthy and lose fat is to by pass the drive through and to banish fast food restaurants from your thoughts. Most of the time this is a good idea but if you make beneficial choices, there is no reason you can’t visit your drive through once in a while. At times the thing you need most is just to have somebody else do the cooking. When you choose wholesome menu items, you do not have to feel guilty about visiting the drive through.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to key lime cake recipe. To make key lime cake you need 21 ingredients and 14 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Key lime cake:
- Use Cake
- Prepare 1 Butter for greasing pan
- Get 1 Flour for dusting pan
- You need 3 oz Package lime flavored jello
- Get 1 1/3 cup Granulated sugar
- Prepare 2 cup Sifted all-purpose flour
- Get 1/2 tsp Salt
- Prepare 1 tsp Baking powder
- You need 1 tsp Baking soda
- Prepare 1 1/2 cup Vegetable oil
- You need 3/4 cup Orange juice
- Use 1 tbsp Lemon juice
- You need 1/2 tsp Vanilla extract
- You need 5 large Eggs, slightly beaten
- Prepare Glaze
- You need 1/2 cup Key lime juice (from about 25 small key limes or 4 large regular limes
- Use 1/2 cup Confectioner's sugar
- You need Icing
- You need 1 stick Butter, room temperature
- Take 8 oz Package cream cheese, room temperature
- Prepare 1 lb Box of confectioner's sugar
Instructions to make Key lime cake:
- For the cake:
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and grease and flour one 9x13x2 inch cake pan
- In a large mixing bowl mix the jello, granulated sugar, flour, salt, baking powder and baking soda stir to mix well
- Add the oil, orange juice, lemon juice, vanilla, and eggs mix until well combined
- Pour the batter evenly in the pan and bake for 35-40 minutes
- Test for doneness by inserting a toothpick or fork
- Cool the cake in the pan for 5 minutes then turn out onto a cooling rack
- For the glaze:
- While cake is still hot mix the lime juice and confectioner's sugar together well
- Pierce the cake all over with a fork to allow the glaze to soak in better and pour it all over the cake
- Allow cake to completely cool as you prepare the icing
- For the icing:
- Cream the butter and cream cheese then beat in the confectioner's sugar until mixture is smooth and easy to spread
- Frost your cake then enjoy
If you find this Key lime cake recipe valuable please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.