Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe site, if you're looking for Roast Beef Dinner recipe, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Roast Beef Dinner recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Roast Beef Dinner recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Apples Can Certainly Have Enormous Benefits For Your Health.
I am sure you’ve heard that you should be eating an apple a day but did you ever wonder why this is actually important? You may know people that live by this and also request that their children live by this guideline as well. This thought can be identified in country’s all around the world and people follow it as gospel with out ever discovering why they should eat an apple a day. In this article we are going to be looking at apples to see if they really are a food that will help to keep you healthy.
At this point we are going to explain to you why these minerals and vitamins are important to good health. As I am sure you know, research is being carried out all the time and there have been studies that have been done that clearly show that apples can reduce some cancer risks. A number of the cancers that apples may help prevent are breast, liver, lung and colon cancers. That point by itself should be enough to make sure people are eating at least one apple a day.
I really hope I have revealed some information that revealed why apples are so healthy for you. One thing you should understand is that we only mentioned some of the benefits of eating apples. You will be able to find many more benefits for your health in relation to apples. I hope that the the very next time you go to the food store you end up getting plenty of apples. It can definitely help your health and wellbeing for short term and also for the long haul.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to roast beef dinner recipe. To make roast beef dinner you need 23 ingredients and 20 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to cook Roast Beef Dinner:
- You need Roast beef
- Prepare 2 lb piece of Abedeen Angus beef, any cut suitable for roasting, tied with string.
- You need 2 tbsp dijon or English mustard
- Use 2 tbsp fresh thyme and rosemary, chopped.
- You need 1 sea salt and ground black pepper
- Use Root vegetable rostis
- Prepare 2 large carrots, peeled.
- Get 2 large parsnips, peeled
- Provide 2 large potatoes
- Use 1 tbsp fresh thyme leaves, chopped
- Take 1 egg
- Take 1 sea salt and ground black pepper
- Take 4 tbsp sunflower oil, for frying
- Use Yorkshire pudding
- You need 2/3 cup all purpose flour
- Get 2 eggs
- Take 1 1/4 cup full cream milk
- Take 1 tsp white distilled vinegar
- You need 1 tsp sea salt
- Prepare 3 tbsp sunflower oil, for the muffin tin
- Prepare Gravy
- Provide 1/2 tbsp all purpose flour
- Use 1 cup beef stock, made with half a stock cube
Steps to make Roast Beef Dinner:
- Remove the beef from the fridge for 1 hour before cooking.
- Preheat the oven to 150 C
- Heat a non stick saute pan, and sear all sides of the beef
- Brush one side if the beef with mustard, season with salt and pepper and sprinkle on the herbs.
- Place the beef, mustard side down, in a roasting tin, then brush mustard on the top, season and sprinkle wuth the rest of the herbs
- Place in the oven and roast for 40 minutes for every pound (medium rare)
- Place the carrots, parsnips and unpeeled (washed) potatoes in a pan with water. Bring to the boil and simmer from 10 minutes until part cooked.
- Drain vegetables and allow to cool.
- When cooled, peel the potatoes, grate all the vegetables into a bowl and add the egg, thyme and seasoning.
- Shape into round cakes, and chill if not cooking straight away.
- Place the flour in a large bowl, make a well in the middle, break in the eggs, and start to whisk them in, pour in the milk while whisking then add the vinegar and salt and give another little whisk.
- Set the batter aside for thirty minutes
- At the end of the cooking time, take the beef out, place on a warm plate and cover with foil. Leave to rest and turn the oven temperature up to 200 C.
- Pour a teaspoon of oil in each hole if a twelve hole muffin tin and put it in the oven to heat up.
- When the oil is smoking hot, carefully ladle the batter between thr twelve holes, while the tin is still.in the oven, the oven shelf pulled out far enough for you to reach the back of the muffin tin.
- Cook for 25 minutes, until puffed up and golden.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of oil in a saute pan, and fry the vegetable rostis for 4 minutes each side. You may need to cook two batches, add 2 tablespoons for each batch.
- To make the gravy, pour the juices from the rested beef into the roasting tin, add the flour and mix to a paste, add the stock then bring to a boil. Simmer, scraping the stuck meaty bits off the tin with your wooden spoon, until it thickens up.
- Strain the gravy through a sieve into a gravy boat.
- Carve the beef, serving slices with a couple of Yorkshire puddings, a vegetable rosti and some gravy on each plate. An optional condiment is horseradish sauce, a teaspoon if which is great with roast beef.
If you find this Roast Beef Dinner recipe helpful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.