Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe site, If you're looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the best Beef & Tomato Stuffed Peppers w/ Yogurt Sauce recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Beef & Tomato Stuffed Peppers w/ Yogurt Sauce recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Choosing Healthy Fast Food.
Almost each and every “get healthy” and “weight loss” article you study will tell you to skip the drive through and make all of your meals yourself. There’s some worth to this. Once in a while, though, you definitely do not want to make an entire meal for your family or even just for yourself. Sometimes you just would like to hit the drive through on the way home and call it a day. There isn’t any reason that you shouldn’t be permitted to do this and not be suffering from remorse about slipping on your diet. You are able to do this because most of the popular joints are now advertising “healthy” menu options to keep their businesses up. Here’s how it is possible to eat healthfully when you are at a fast food place.
Go for the side dishes. Not so long ago, the only real side dish item at a fast food restaurant was French fries. Now just about all of the famous fast food places have expanded their menus. There are lots of salads around these days. Chili is yet another choice. You may purchase a baked potato. Fruit is generally offered. There are many healthful options that do not consist of putting something deep fried into your body. Instead of the pre-determined “meal deals” make an effort to make a meal consisting of side dishes. This can help you keep the calorie count low and lessen your fat intake.
Logic claims that one of the best ways to stay balanced is to sidestep the drive through and never eat fast food. Most of the time this is a good plan but if you make beneficial choices, there is no reason you can’t visit your drive through now and then. Sometimes the best thing is to let someone else make your dinner. When you select healthy menu items, you do not have to feel guilty about visiting the drive through.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to beef & tomato stuffed peppers w/ yogurt sauce recipe. You can cook beef & tomato stuffed peppers w/ yogurt sauce using 16 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
The ingredients needed to cook Beef & Tomato Stuffed Peppers w/ Yogurt Sauce:
- Get 2 green bell peppers; split vertically
- Provide 10 vine ripe tomatoes; large dice
- You need 4 cloves garlic; slivered
- You need 1 yellow onion; large dice
- Use 1 stalk celery; large dice
- Provide 1/4 lb spicy ground pork sausage
- Prepare 1/4 lb ground beef
- Take 1/2 C long grain rice
- Get 2 t herbes de provence
- Get 1/4 t crushed pepper flakes
- Prepare 1 T balsamic vinegar
- You need 1 oz merlot
- Get 1 pinch sugar
- Provide 1/4 C grated parmigiano reggiano
- Prepare kosher salt & black pepper; as needed
- Use olive oil; as needed
Steps to make Beef & Tomato Stuffed Peppers w/ Yogurt Sauce:
- Sauce; 1 C greek yogurt, 2 t dried lemon peel, 2 T honey. - - Mix all ingredients together and stir.
- Preheat oven to 425°F
- Remove seeds and core of bell peppers with your hands. Toss with olive oil. Add a pinch of salt and pepper. Par roast peppers for 20 minutes. Lower oven to 375° after removing par roasted peppers from the oven.
- Combine rice with 1 C water and a pinch of salt. Bring to a boil. Cover. Reduce to a simmer for 15 minutes. Remove from heat but do not uncover for atleast 5 minutes.
- Heat a large saute pan over high heat. Mix ground beef and ground pork together. Season mixture with salt, pepper, half the herbes de provence. Brown beef in pan.
- Lay celery and onions atop the meat. When first side of meat begins to brown, add crushed pepper flakes and stir.
- When meat is nearly completely browned add tomaties, garlic, and a drizzle of olive oil. Stir. Add the remaining herbs herbs de provence with a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Cook for 5 minutes or until tomatoes start breaking down. When the tomatoes tart to release their juices, add merlot. Simmer 10 minutes.
- Add sugar and balsamic vinegar. Taste and adjust seasoning with salt, pepper, vinegar, or sugar as desired. Simmer 2 minutes.
- Place rice in a large mixing bowl. When cool enough to handle add beef mixture little by little until you achieve your own desired ratio of beef to rice.
- Stuff each bell pepper and top with cheese. Place on lower rack in oven. Bake for approximately 15 minutes for a crisp pepper or 25-30 minutes for a softer pepper.
- Serve with plenty of yogurt sauce
- Variations; Marinara, tomato puree or sauce, tarragon, fennel, fennel seeds, celery seed, worchestershire, shallots, habanero, paprika, Italian seasoning, roasted and diced bell peppers or tomatoes, roasted garlic, smoked or roasted chiles, cream cheese, goat cheese, lime, spinach, zucchini, romano, gruyere, parmesean, olives, mushrooms,
If you find this Beef & Tomato Stuffed Peppers w/ Yogurt Sauce recipe valuable please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.