Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe site, If you're looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the best Red Wine Braised Beef recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Red Wine Braised Beef recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Below Are A Few Basic Reasons Why Consuming Apples Is Good.
I am sure you’ve heard that you should be eating an apple a day but did you ever wonder why this is actually important? Many individuals have lived with this philosophy for many years, and they also pass this on to their children. You will even find that folks in other country’s also stick to this simple rule and they do not know why. In the following paragraphs we are going to be examining apples to see if they really are a food that will help to keep you healthy.
Your heart is another thing that can be helped by consuming apples. I am certain you know that apples have fiber, and that, and also some of the other substances of apples can promote heart health. You may also be surprised to learn that another way apples will help your heart is by lowering cholesterol. The skin of the apple is where the majority of the healthy vitamins and minerals can be found in an apple. If you happen to be one of the men and women who skin their apple before eating it, you may want to change that habit so that you are obtaining all the benefits from the apple that you can get.
To conclude, I guess an apple a day really can keep the doctor away and now you know why. In the following paragraphs we just dealt with some of the benefits of eating an apple a day. Should you look and ask around, you’ll come to see that the benefits can seem to be limitless. So do yourself a favor and grab some apples when you go to the store. It can really help your overall health for short term as well as for the long haul.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to red wine braised beef recipe. To cook red wine braised beef you only need 14 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
The ingredients needed to prepare Red Wine Braised Beef:
- Use 3 lb Boneless beef blade roast
- Use 1/4 cup olive oil
- You need 3 shallots
- Take 2 tsp Juniper berries, crushed
- Prepare 1/2 tsp cracked black pepper
- Get 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- Get 2 tbsp AP flour
- Take 2 cup Dry Red Wine
- Get 2 cup veal or beef stock
- Prepare 1 tbsp ketchup
- Prepare 4 large carrots, diced
- Prepare 1/4 lb pancetta, diced
- Get 1 tbsp honey
- You need 1 salt and pepper, to taste
Instructions to make Red Wine Braised Beef:
- With the rack in the middle position, preheat the oven to 180 °C (350 °F).
- In a large ovenproof skillet, brown meat in half the oil. Season with salt and pepper on both sides. Set meat on a plate. In the same skillet, soften shallots with spices in remaining oil (30 ml/2 tablespoons). Sprinkle with flour and mix well. Deglaze with wine. Bring to a boil, whisking constantly.
- Return meat to the skillet. Add half the veal stock and ketchup. Bring to a boil. Cover and roast in the oven for 3 hours. Turn meat over three or four times during cooking and baste with remaining veal stock.
- Add carrots and pancetta around roast. Continue cooking, always covered, for about 1 hour or until meat is fork tender and vegetables are cooked.
- To give a nice crust to braised meat, move the rack to the highest position of the oven. Set the oven to broil. Drain meat and place on a baking sheet. Keep sauce and toppings warm. Brush top of the roast with honey. Broil for about 3 minutes or until surface starts to brown.
- Serve meat with toppings and drizzle with sauce. Serve with barley.
- For perfectly braised meat, don’t completely submerge meat in liquid. Instead, add liquid halfway up meat for a tastier and more concentrated sauce.
If you find this Red Wine Braised Beef recipe helpful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.