Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe page, looking for the perfect Muthia (Bottle Gourd Dumplings) recipe? look no further! We provide you only the best Muthia (Bottle Gourd Dumplings) recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Muthia (Bottle Gourd Dumplings) recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Finding Healthful Fast Food.
Almost every single article about weight loss and getting healthy tells readers to avoid drive through windows like the plague as well as to do all of their own cooking. There’s some worth to that. Once in a while, though, you definitely do not want to make a full meal for your family or even just for yourself. Once in a while you only want to check out the drive through while you are on your way home and finish the day. Why shouldn’t you be able to do this every so often and not have a bunch of guilt about slipping up on your diet regime? This is because many of the well-known fast food restaurants on the market are trying to “healthy up” their selections. Here is the way to eat healthy and balanced when you hit the drive through.
Milk, juice and also water will be the best choices for beverages. When you sip a big soft drink you are adding a lot of empty calories to your day. Usually just one serving of soda pop is merely eight ounces big. That portion may contain numerous spoonfuls of sugar in addition to at least a hundred calories. Most fast food fizzy drinks are a minimum of twenty ounces big. Usually, though, they may be 30 ounces. Choosing a soda as your drink increases your calorie absorption by thousands and adds way too much sugar to your diet. Milk, fruit juices as well as plain water are more healthy selections.
Traditional logic tells us that one certain way to get healthy and lose fat is to drop the drive through and to banish fast food restaurants from your thoughts. While this is usually a good suggestion all you need to do is make a couple of good choices and visiting the drive through isn’t anything to worry about–when you do it in moderation. Occasionally, letting someone else cook dinner is just what you need. There isn’t any reason to feel terrible about going to the drive through when you make healthy and balanced decisions!
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to muthia (bottle gourd dumplings) recipe. You can have muthia (bottle gourd dumplings) using 19 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you do that.
The ingredients needed to prepare Muthia (Bottle Gourd Dumplings):
- Provide 2 cups whole wheat flour
- Provide 1/4 tsp baking soda
- Provide 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- Use 1/4 tsp ajwain
- Provide 1/4 tsp turmeric
- Take 1/4 tsp asafoetida
- Get 1 - 2 chilis green chopped finely
- You need 1 tsp ginger , minced
- Prepare 1 tsp coriander powder
- You need 2 tbsps cilantro chopped (optional)
- Use 1/4 lemon juice of
- Take 1/2 tsp sugar
- Take to taste salt pepper and
- Get 1 cup bottle gourd shredded
- Use For Frying
- You need 1 asafoetida oil
- Prepare 1/2 tsp asafoetida
- Get 1 tbsp sesame seed
- Provide cilantro coconut fresh or flakes for garnish
Steps to make Muthia (Bottle Gourd Dumplings):
- Mix the baking soda, oil and flour together till uniform. Add ajwain, turmeric, asafoetida, coriander powder, ginger,lemon juice, sugar, salt and pepper.
- Lightly squeeze the shredded bottle gourd and reserve the water in a separate bowl for later.
- Fold the bottle gourd tinto the batter until it is the consistency of playdough. If needed add the water you squeezed out of the bottle gourd to get the correct consistency.
- Using greased hands, shape the muthia by rolling the dough out into 1'' wide cylinders that are each 3-4 inches long and then gently squeezing with your fist. Now steam the muthia on a greased plate for 20-25 minutes on medium heat. Make sure that the muthia do not overlap each other. You will know if the muthia are cooked through by using the toothpick test.
- Let the muthia cool until they are easy to touch without burning and then slice them into 1/2 inch thick slices.
- In a separate pan, heat the remaining tbsp of oil and add 1/2 tsp asafoetida and sesame seeds. Stir in the muthia and cook until they turn light brown and look crispy on the outside.
- Garnish with coconut flakes and/or cilantro and serve.
If you find this Muthia (Bottle Gourd Dumplings) recipe helpful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.