Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe page, looking for the perfect Mason Jar Salad recipe? look no further! We provide you only the best Mason Jar Salad recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Mason Jar Salad recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Helping Your Heart with The Right Foods.
You already are aware of how crucial it is to have a heart that is healthy. Of course, if your heart is in bad shape then the rest of you isn’t going to be healthy too. You already know that getting regular exercise and leading a healthy lifestyle both factor heavily into the overall health of your heart. Still, did you know that there are some foods that have been discovered to help you improve your heart health? In this article, you will learn which foods are great for your heart.
Know that blueberries are terrific for your heart. Fact: Blueberries are loaded with antioxidants, particularly pterostilbene. Pterostilbene performs so much like the resveratrol that is found in grapes. This particular antioxidant assists your body to be more efficient at breaking down your fats and cholesterol. The better it is for your body to process fat and cholesterol, the less probable it is for those things to clog your arteries and cause problems for your heart. That just means that it helps keep your heart as healthy as possible.
There are many foods that you can eat that are beneficial for your body. No doubt, the foods mentioned in this article can help your body in all sorts of ways. These foods are particularly great for the heart, though. Try to start consuming these health food regularly. Your heart will thank you!
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to mason jar salad recipe. To cook mason jar salad you need 18 ingredients and 21 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
The ingredients needed to cook Mason Jar Salad:
- You need of For salad dressing :.
- You need 3 tbsp of olive oil.
- You need 1 tbsp of balsamic vinegar/white vinegar.
- You need 1 tbsp of honey.
- You need 2 tsp of dijon mustard.
- Take 1/4 tsp of crushed pepper.
- Get to taste of Salt.
- Take 1/4 cup of Shredded red cabbage.
- Prepare 1/2 tin of chikpeas, drained.
- Use 1 of beetroot (boiled).
- Use 1 of large cucumber.
- Prepare 1 of tomato.
- Get 1 of carrot.
- Provide 1 of red onion.
- You need 1/4 cup of quinoa.
- Get 2-3 of Lettuce leaves.
- Get of Nuts of your choice(i have added pine nuts).
- Prepare 1 glass of jar with a tight lid.
Instructions to make Mason Jar Salad:
- Boil quinoa in 1/2 cup water and pinch of salt on slow flame, covered, until water evaporate,.
- Cool it to room temperature,.
- Boil and cool beetroot, remove skin and make small cubes,.
- Chop deseeded tomatoes, cucumber, onion in equal size. Keep them separate,.
- Shred red cabbage,.
- Grate carrot,.
- Shred lettuce roughly with your fingers,.
- Prepare honey mustard dressing by mixing all the given ingredients for dressing. Beat it well or put it in a small wide moth bottle, close the lid and shake it until everything mix together and gets thicken,.
- Now take a mason jar arrange in this manner-.
- Layer 1: salad dressing.
- Layer 2 shredded red cabbage.
- Layer 3: chickpeas.
- Layer 4: grated carrot.
- Layer 5: cucumber, tomato, onion over each other.
- Layer 6: cubed boiled beetroot.
- Layer 7: boiled quinoa.
- Layer 8: lettuce and nuts..
- Close the lid. Keep it in refrigerator until nicely chilled.
- Grab one when needed, carry it to work or eat it anytime of the day..
- Shake it turning upside down or empty it in a bowl and enjoy..
- Jars prepared this way can be used upto 5 days, use different dressings and add whatever you like, may be some boiled shredded chicken, some pasta or fruits and enjoy a new 'salad in a Jar' everytime!.
If you find this Mason Jar Salad recipe useful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.