Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe site, if you’re looking for Saucy Cherry Pig In A Poke recipe, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Saucy Cherry Pig In A Poke recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Saucy Cherry Pig In A Poke recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Heart Friendly Foods You Need To Be Eating.
You already have some knowledge of how important it is to have a fit and healthy heart. Here’s something for you to think about: if your heart is not healthy then the rest of you won’t be either. You already are aware that regular workout and a healthy lifestyle are vital in terms of the total health of your heart. Do you know, though, that there are several foods that can help you have a healthy heart? Go on reading to learn which foods are best for your heart.
Blueberries are fantastic for the health of your heart. Blueberries are loaded with antioxidants, in particular pterostilbene. Pterostilbene acts so much like the resveratrol found in grapes. This specific antioxidant helps your body to be a lot better at processing your fats and cholesterol. The better it is for your body to break down fat and cholesterol, the less likely it is for those things to clog your system and cause heart problems. This, then, makes your heart as healthy as possible.
There are many foods that you can consume that are great for your body. The truth is that each of the foods that we’ve discussed here can help your body in lots of different ways. The foods mentioned are essentially great for the heart, however. Begin incorporating these foods in your diet each day. Your heart is going to be much heartier if you do!
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to saucy cherry pig in a poke recipe. You can have saucy cherry pig in a poke using 15 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you do that.
The ingredients needed to cook Saucy Cherry Pig In A Poke:
- Provide of tangy cherry sauce.
- Take 2 can of (15.25 oz. each) dark sweet cherries in heavy syrup.
- Use 2/3 cup of red wine vinegar.
- Provide 4 tbsp of cherry preserves.
- Prepare 1 of Zest & juice of 1 large lemon.
- Get 1 of Zest & juice of 1 large orange.
- You need 1 tbsp of brown sugar.
- Take 1 tbsp of cornstarch.
- You need 1/3 cup of black cherry soda.
- Take of sandwich.
- Get 4 of center cut boneless pork chops.
- Take 1 of salt & pepper to taste.
- Prepare 4 of sandwich buns, toasted.
- Prepare 1 of Creamy cole slaw.
- Take 1 of Crispy onion strings.
Steps to make Saucy Cherry Pig In A Poke:
- In a heavy saucepan, combine all the cherry sauce ingredients except cornstarch and soda. Bring to a low boil over medium-high heat while stirring and smashing cherries with a potato masher. Reduce heat to medium and continue cooking for 25 minutes, stirring occasionally, to reduce the liquids and concentrate the flavor..
- Mix the cornstarch with the black cherry soda. Slowly add to cherry sauce, while stirring, and continue cooking over medium heat for 5 minutes until the sauce thickens..
- Remove from heat and allow to cool for 30 minutes. Carefully pour into blender. Cover and blend until smooth. Pour into jar or bottle and refrigerate until needed, up to 2 weeks..
- If necessary, pound your pork chops so they are the same size as your sandwich buns, or slightly larger. Salt and pepper them. Grill until done. (This sandwich is also excellent substituting a crisp fried breaded pork fritter for the grilled chop.) https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/342008-joes-hoosier-tenderloin-sandwich.
- Spread creamy cole slaw on the sandwich bun. Top with the grilled pork. Spread 2 tablespoons (or more if desired) of the tangy cherry sauce on top of the pork. Top with a generous portion of crispy onion strings. Add top bun and eat up! Sloppy but delicious!! https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/339844-crispy-onion-strings https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/332654-kfc-coleslaw.
- A great summertime meal!.
If you find this Saucy Cherry Pig In A Poke recipe valuable please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.